Summer Hockey Season
We are hopeful that the 2021/2022 summer hockey season for junior and senior teams will proceed, although this greatly depends on the progess which is made with COVID management and the regulations which are in place at the time.
If things go according to plan, the season will begin on November 8, 2021 and run until February 25, 2022, with a break over the Christmas/ January period. The competitions are half-field with 7 players per team. Ages for junior summer hockey teams are taken at January 1 2021. No training is conducted over the summer season, but coaching is available through the team coaches.
The Under 8 competition will finish before Christmas, providing a 6 week season. All other junior and senior teams will have 6 weeks pre-Christmas and another 4 weeks in February.
All summer competition games are played at Geelong Hockey Complex, John St, Corio.
Summer Competition Teams for 2021/ 2022:
- Under 8 Mixed – 5.30 pm. Age 5, 6, 7 or beginner aged 8
- Under 10 Mixed – 5.30 pm. Age 8, 9 or beginner aged 10
- Under 12 Mixed – 5.30 pm. Age 10, 11 or beginner aged 12
- U14 Mixed – 6.30 pm. Age 12, 13 or beginner aged 14
- U17 Mixed- 7.30 pm. Age 14, 15, 16 or beginner aged 17
- Senior Mixed – 6.30 pm or 7.30 pm. Players must be aged at least 14 as at July 1, 2021.
- Masters Mixed – 6.30 pm. Players must be aged at least 35 as at July 1, 2021.
- Friday Family – 6.30 pm. Teams consist of adults (male and female), beginners (adults and children) and junior players aged 10 to 15 at July 1, 2021.
Before playing, all players must have paid either:
- Hockey Victoria (HV) Membership during the 2021 winter season OR
- Hockey Australia summer fee – (Insurance Levy) of $12.
Both of these payments will provide Personal Accident Insurance until 31/12/2021.
Newtown Hockey Club team fees for Summer hockey 2021/ 2022
- U8 Mixed – $15
- U10 Mixed – $30
- U12/U14/U17 Mixed – $40
- Senior Mixed – $50
- Masters Mixed – $50
- Friday Family – $50
The fees for this season’s summer hockey teams are lower than usual as the Geelong Hockey Association has chosen to reduce the fees it charges for participating teams.
Payment of summer hockey fees
Payment of the Hockey Australia fee and the NCHC team fee must be made separately as the payments are going to 2 different organisations.
- Pay the Hockey Australia fee here before you play.
- Pay the NCHC team fees direct to the Club bank account (details here). All summer hockey playing fees should be paid by November 30, 2021.
Register here to join a team.
Enquiries: Contact Claire Barnes 0417 015130