The Annual General Meeting for the Newtown City Hockey Club will be held at 7 pm on Thursday, November 7, at Stead Park, Corio.
This is the opportunity for members to hear about the operations of the Club and to give your input about future improvements and actions to enhance the enjoyment of members.
In addition to the usual business of electing Commitee members for 2014, the meeting will also consider a proposal to adopt a new Constitution and set of Rules. The change to our current Rules is required by new regulations introduced by Consumer Affairs Victoria.
All members are encouraged to attend. We require at least 10% of members present in person or by proxy for voting to take place.
If you are able to help with the Club’s organisation in 2014, we would love to hear from you. Maybe you have some time to help with:
- Coaching and coach training
- Umpiring and umpire training
- Goalkeeper training
- Fundraising, sponsorship and social activities
- Uniform and equipment
- Team manager and team management support
- Synthetic surface sub-committee and grounds management
- Promotion and communications – website, Facebook, Twitter, local media
- Representing the Club at Hockey Geelong meetings
Let us know if you have any suggestions or comments.
Supper will be served.