Play Hockey With A Family Friendly Club
Newtown City Hockey Club is the largest hockey club in Victoria outside the Melbourne Metropolitan area. With over 350 members and 20 teams, the Club offers the opportunity for people to play hockey at whatever level they choose.
New Members Are Welcome
The Club welcomes players of any age, and any level of skill or experience. New members are welcome at any time of the year, as there are teams playing in both winter and summer seasons.
Winter season games are April to September, and the summer season is October to February. The winter season is the main competition, with the most participants. The summer season provides a more social environment, and this often makes the summer season a good place to try the game out.
If you are new to hockey, or haven’t played for a while, you could start with one of these options:
- Hookin2Hockey – a Come and Try program for boys and girls aged 5 to 12.
- Kookas Midweek hockey – a less structured program for boys and girls aged 5 to 12.
- Saturday Social hockey – a fun opportunity for boys, girls, men and women to play hockey, There is no commitment to be there every week. It’s a great way for families to play together. This program is run only during the winter season.
- Summer hockey programs – includes Mixed Masters (over 35) and Friday Family competitions – both good places for less experienced adults to play hockey.
- Join a team training session – join one of the regular training sessions for the various teams.
New members are welcome to try one of these first, before deciding whether to join the Club.
Teams and Competitions
If you have decided that you would like to join the Club, we have teams for boys and girls from 3 to 16 (turning 17) and teams for senior men and women.
Fees, Charges and Registration
Costs to play include Hockey Victoria membership fees, and fees to play in a team or a program. All players must register in order to be placed in a team.
Register online at home or come along to Registration Day on February 18.
Uniform and Equipment
Equipment is available for loan to participants in the Hookin2Hockey program. Junior equipment packs are available for sale through the club.
Uniform is required for teams competing in the Hockey Geelong competition, but is not required for U6 Joeys, Kookas and Saturday Social players.
Uniform and equipment information can be found here…..
Team training for the winter season is conducted at Lloyd Reserve, Newtown for the U8 and U10 teams, or at Stead Park, Corio for the U12, U14, U17 and senior men and women. All players are encouraged to attend regularly. Training is not conducted during the summer season.
Please contact us if you have any questions.