Summer Hockey Season
The summer hockey season for 2016/ 2017 will run from October 10 to February 24, with a break over the Christmas/ January period. The competitions are half-field with 7 players per team. Ages for summer hockey teams are taken at January 1, 2016.
We offer the following teams for summer hockey competitions:
- Under 11 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm
- U13 – Stead Park, usually 5.30 p.m.
- U15 – Stead Park, usually 6.30 p.m.
- U17 – Stead Park, usually 7.30 pm
- Under 6 Joeys – Lloyd Reserve, Newtown, 4.30 to 5 pm. Commences October 19.
- Under 8 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm.
- Mixed senior (men and women) – Stead Park, 6.30 to 9.30 pm. Minimum age 14 years.
- Mixed Masters – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Minimum age 35 years.
- Kookas Junior – 4.30 to 5.30 pm at Lloyd Reserve, for boys and girls aged 5 to 12
- Mixed Family – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Teams include both junior and senior players. This competition is ideal for beginner adults or those who are returning to play after some time away from the game. Minimum age 10 years.
- Saturday Social games will continue at Lloyd Reserve, 1.00 pm each Saturday until September 24. An ideal opportunity for a fun game with all ages and all skill levels welcome.
- U6 – $10
- U8/ U11 – $60
- U13/U15/U17 – $70
- Senior Mixed Wednesday – $90
- Friday Family competition – $90
- Mixed Masters – $90
Hockey Victoria Membership
If you have registered and paid your Hockey Victoria membership during the winter season, there is no need to pay this again until January 1, 2017. At January 1, 2017, each player will need to pay the Hockey Victoria fee ($41 for players aged < 18, or $51 for players aged > 18), which will provide registration and insurance cover for the next twelve months, until December 31, 2017. This fee must be paid before playing in any match.
If you have not paid a Hockey Victoria fee for this winter season, there will be an off-season fee of $20 for seniors (aged over 18) or $15 for juniors (aged under 18) which will cover you for insurance and Hockey Victoria fees until December 31, 2016. This fee will appear on our registration page on September 23.
No training is conducted over the summer season, but coaching is available through the team coaches.
Enquiries Contact Claire Barnes 0417 015130, if you have any problems or questions
Payment of summer hockey fees may be made direct to the Club bank account (see information below) but the preferred option is payment via Onesport at the time of registration.