Summer Hockey Season
The summer hockey season for 2017/ 2018 will run from October 16 to February 27, with a break over the Christmas/ January period. The competitions are half-field with 7 players per team. Ages for summer hockey teams are taken at January 1, 2017.
We offer the following teams for summer hockey competitions:
- Under 10 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm
- U12 – Stead Park, usually 5.30 p.m.
- U14 – Stead Park, usually 6.30 p.m.
- U17 – Stead Park, usually 7.30 pm
- Under 6 Joeys – Lloyd Reserve, Newtown, 4.30 to 5 pm. Commences October 18.
- Under 8 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm.
- Mixed senior (men and women) – Stead Park, 6.30 to 9.30 pm. Minimum age 14 years.
- Mixed Masters – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Minimum age 35 years.
- Kookas Junior – 4.30 to 5.30 pm at Lloyd Reserve, for boys and girls aged 5 to 12
- Mixed Family – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Teams include both junior and senior players. This competition is ideal for beginner adults or those who are returning to play after some time away from the game. Minimum age 10 years.
- Saturday Social games will continue at Lloyd Reserve, 1.00 pm each Saturday until September 30. An ideal opportunity for a fun game with all ages and all skill levels welcome.
- U6 – $10
- U8/ U10 – $60
- U12/U14/U17 – $70
- Senior Mixed Wednesday – $90
- Friday Family competition – $90
- Mixed Masters – $90
Hockey Victoria Membership
If you have registered and paid your Hockey Victoria membership during the winter season, there is no need to pay this again until January 1, 2018. At January 1, 2018, each player will need to pay the Hockey Victoria fee ($50 for players aged < 18, or $65 for players aged > 18), which will provide registration and insurance cover for the next twelve months, until December 31, 2018. This fee must be paid before playing in any match.
No training is conducted over the summer season, but coaching is available through the team coaches.
Enquiries Contact Claire Barnes 0417 015130, if you have any problems or questions
Payment of summer hockey fees may be made direct to the Club bank account (see information below) but the preferred option is payment via Onesport at the time of registration.