Summer Hockey Season
The summer hockey season for 2018/ 2019 will run from October 15 to February 22, with a break over the Christmas/ January period. The competitions are half-field with 7 players per team. Ages for summer hockey teams are taken at January 1, 2018.
We offer the following teams for summer hockey competitions:
- Under 10 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 5.45 to 7.30 pm
- U12 – Stead Park, usually 5.30 p.m.
- U14 – Stead Park, usually 6.30 p.m.
- U17 – Stead Park, usually 7.30 pm
- Under 8 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm.
- Mixed senior (men and women) – Stead Park, 6.30 to 9.30 pm. Minimum age 14 years.
- Mixed Masters – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Minimum age 35 years.
- Kookas Junior – 4.30 to 5.30 pm at Lloyd Reserve, for boys and girls aged 5 to 12
- Mixed Family – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Teams include both junior and senior players. This competition is ideal for beginner adults or those who are returning to play after some time away from the game. Minimum age 10 years.
- Saturday Social games will continue at Lloyd Reserve, 1.00 pm each Saturday until September 29. An ideal opportunity for a fun game with all ages and all skill levels welcome.
- U8/ U10 – $60
- U12/U14/U17 – $70
- Senior Mixed Wednesday – $90
- Friday Family competition – $90
- Mixed Masters – $90
Hockey Victoria Membership
If you have registered and paid your Hockey Victoria membership during the 2018 winter season, there is no need to pay this again until January 1, 2019. At January 1, 2019, each player will need to pay the Hockey Victoria fee, which will provide registration and insurance cover for the next twelve months, until December 31, 2019. This fee must be paid before playing in any match.
The Hockey Victoria membership fees for 2018 are:
- U10 at January 1, 2018 – $43
- Youth (aged 10 to 17 at January 1, 2018) – $65
- Adult (aged 18 or over at January 1, 2018) – $90
We are awaiting advice from Hockey Victoria as to whether they will offer a Hockey Victoria Off-season membership, at a discounted rate compared with the fees listed above.
No training is conducted over the summer season, but coaching is available through the team coaches.
Enquiries Contact Claire Barnes 0417 015130, if you have any problems or questions
Payment of summer hockey fees
All summer hockey fees should be paid by October 30, 2018.
Payment of fees may be made direct to the Club bank account (see information below) but the preferred option is payment via Onesport at the time of registration.