Membership Fees and Registration
For details about hockey during October to February, please visit our Summer Hockey page.
2021 Winter Hockey Season
Registration for the 2021 Winter hockey season will open on January 18, 2021. Hopefully without interruption from COVID, the season is expected to run from April 24/25 to September 11/12, with breaks for school holidays for junior competitions. Pre-season training will begin on March 3/4.
Ages for all junior teams are taken at 1/1/21. We have teams for players from 3 to 70+ so everyone is welcome to enjoy the fun of hockey.
The cost of playing hockey for the 2021 Winter hockey season includes:
- Hockey Victoria and Hockey Australia Membership fee, which provides insurance cover until 31/12/2021.
- Plus Team fees charged by our Club
Hockey Australia and Hockey Victoria fees are charged only once each year for each person. Every player MUST pay these fees before playing in a match. Insurance cover is not available until the fee is paid. Hockey Victoria/ Hockey Australia fees for 2021 (ages as at 1/1/2021) are:
- Senior (age 19+) – $100
- Youth (age 11 – 18) – $73
- Junior (age 9 – 10) – $46.50
- Junior (age 8 or under) – $15
- Officials – $35
- Family Discount. Families receive a discount of $10 for the second and each subsequent member. When you log in to register, select your fee option and then enter the discount code.
- Early Payment Discount. A discount will apply for fees paid in full by May 2. Junior team players – $10 discount/ player, Senior team players – $20 discount/ player.
- Team fees may be paid by:
- Online payment through the Revolutionise Sport system.
- Direct payment to: Newtown City Hockey Club, BSB 033-622, Acct 690908
- Cheque posted to Newtown City Hockey Club, PO Box 1098, Geelong, 3220
- Fees may be paid in installments, by arrangement with the club Treasurer.
- If you prefer to pay your Club/ team fees direct to the Club bank account, or pay them at a later date, select and pay for the ‘Hockey Australia/ Hockey Victoria only’ fees. Make your payment to the Club bank account, and then complete and return the Registration and Fees 2021. Check with the Treasurer to confirm any credit you may have for fees paid for 2020.
- Uniforms. Check out club uniforms, merchandise, and available junior equipment on our Uniform page and place your order through the Online Shop.
NCHC Team fees for the 2021 season are:
- Come and Try – free introductory skills program for beginners.
- Joeys (U6) $50
- U8 $90
- U10 Mixed $110
- U12 $160
- U14 $ 160
- U17 $180
- Senior men and women $335
- Student senior men and women $280
- Goalkeeper who supplies own gear – junior team $45, senior team $80
- Saturday Social player $25
- Non-playing member with voting rights $5
- Pro-rata fees for members who are not able to play every game due to clashes with other commitments, usually a minimum payment of 1/3 of the applicable team fee. These fees are available only by agreement with the Treasurer.
If you registered in 2020, choose ‘RENEW’. If you did not register in 2020, choose ‘REGISTER’.
Fundraising and Social Activities
Member support is requested for the various fundraising and social activities run during the season. These events help to cover non-competition costs, member recruitment activities and facility improvements. If you have a great idea for a fundraising or social event, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers are Vital
Newtown City Hockey Club aims to be a sustainable club which provides a friendly and welcoming environment for all. The Club cannot operate without the help of members who volunteer their time in a wide range of roles. There are volunteer opportunities in coaching, team management, umpiring, administration, fundraising, social events, uniform and equipment sales and many more.
All members are encouraged to contribute to their Club in whatever way they can, whether it’s a one-off task or a regular ongoing activity.
Check the Volunteer Hub here to see if you can help the Club continue to grow and develop.