Membership Fees and Registration
Many things have changed for the 2020 hockey season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Competitions will begin on July 18 (junior) or July 25 (senior) and run until September/ October.
2020 Winter Hockey Season
Registration for the 2020 winter hockey season is open. Ages for all junior teams are taken at 1/1/20. We have teams for players from 3 to 70+ so everyone is welcome to enjoy the fun of hockey.
The cost of playing hockey for the 2020 Winter hockey season includes:
- Compulsory Hockey Victoria and Hockey Australia Membership fee. The Hockey Australia fee includes insurance cover until 31/12/2020.
- Plus Team fees charged by our Club
The Hockey Australia and Hockey Victoria fees are charged only once for each person each year, regardless of how many teams they play in. Hockey Victoria fees for 2020 have been reduced to reflect the season shortened by COVID-19. Hockey Victoria will make arrangements for players who have already paid the full pre-COVID-19 fee to receive compensation.
Hockey Victoria/ Hockey Australia fees for 2020 (ages taken at 31/12/20) are now:
- Junior players aged 8 or less – $25.50
- Junior players aged 9 to 10 – $50.
- Youth players aged 11 to 18 – $67
- Senior players aged 19 and over – $91.50
Non-playing members of the Club (e.g. parents, team managers, coaches, umpires, committee members) are encouraged to register with Hockey Victoria for the ‘2020 Non-playing registration’. This has zero cost attached to it, but is of assistance in correctly gathering information about all the people who are involved with our club.
Every player must pay the Hockey Victoria and Hockey Australia fees online before playing in a match. Insurance cover is not available until the fee is paid.
- Discounts apply for families. When you log in to register, select your fee option and you will then be given the opportunity to enter the discount code.
- Families receive a discount of $10 for the second and each subsequent member.
- New members for 2020 will receive 2 free pairs of socks, valued at $20.
- Team fees may be paid by:
- Direct online payment through the Revolutionise Sport system.
- Electronic funds transfer to: Newtown City Hockey Club, BSB 033-622, Acct 690908
- Cheque posted to Newtown City Hockey Club, PO Box 1098, Geelong, 3220
- Fees may be paid in installments, by arrangement with the Treasurer.
- Contact the Treasurer, for further details or to discuss any other arrangements.
- Order your uniform, junior equipment, or supporter merchandise through the ‘Shop’, or contact the Uniforms Co-ordinator.
NCHC Team fees for the shortened post-COVID-19 season are:
- Come and Try – free introductory skills program for beginners.
- Joeys (U6) $20
- U8 $50
- U10 Mixed $65
- U12 $105
- U14 $ 105
- U17 $120
- Senior men and women $190
- Student senior men and women $160
- Junior goalkeeper who supplies own gear $35
- Senior goalkeeper who supplies own gear $50
- Saturday Social player $20
- Non-playing member with voting rights $5
- Pro-rata fees are available for members who may not be able to play every game due to clashes with other commitments. This usually equates to a minimum payment of 1/3 of the fees applicable for the team. These fees are available only by agreement with the Treasurer.
For members who have paid fees at the pre-COVID-19 rate, refunds or credit are available. Please contact the Treasurer to advise your preference.
As there is a new registration system in use for 2020, all players will need to click ‘REGISTER’ and not ‘RENEW’ when submitting your intention to play.
If you are happy to pay your Club /team fees online, it can all be done in one step via the Revolutionise Sport system. However if you prefer to pay your Club/ team fees direct to the Club bank account, or pay them at a later date, select and pay for the ‘Hockey Australia/ Hockey Victoria only’ fees. Once you have made your payment for Club fees to the bank account, complete and return the Registration and Fees 2020
Volunteers are Vital
Newtown City Hockey Club aims to be a sustainable club which provides a friendly and welcoming environment for all. The Club cannot operate without the help of members who volunteer their time in a wide range of roles. There are volunteer opportunities in coaching, team management, umpiring, administration, fundraising, social events, uniform and equipment sales and many more.
All members are encouraged to contribute to their Club in whatever way they can, whether it’s a one-off task or a regular ongoing activity.
Check the Volunteer Hub here to see if you can help the Club continue to grow and develop.