Newtown City Hockey Club is the largest hockey club in Geelong, and the largest hockey club in Victoria outside the Melbourne metropolitan area. The club is a family oriented club, providing opportunities for boys, girls, men and women to play hockey in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
It is through the efforts of many members and the entire Newtown Hockey community that the Club has become a successful and sustainable club. We have had 40 years of fantastic hockey, so let’s make the 41st year even better. Come along to the Annual General Meeting and offer your contribution to the continued success of the Newtown Hockey Club.
The Annual General Meeting for the Newtown Hockey Club will be held on Thursday November 23, 2017 at 7.30 pm at Stead Park, John St, Corio.
Guest speaker will be Dr. Chris Lorenzen, Deputy Head of School, School of Exercise Science, Australian Catholic University. Chris is a sports scientist, focusing on research, and is also one of our junior parents and now a player in our Masters summer team.
All members are encouraged to attend. Why should you attend?
- Hear from Chris about his research and its application to sports science.
- Hear about the activities of the Club during the 2017 season.
- Receive a copy of the Annual Report.
- Ask questions about anything which concerns you.
- Suggest improvements for the Club’s organisation and activities.
- Volunteer your assistance wherever you think you can. This may be as a member of the Committee or as a helper with one-off or occasional activities.
The AGM will be followed by a General Meeting, which gives the opportunity for discussion and suggestions for 2018.
Supper will be served.
If you are able to volunteer your help for 2018, whether regularly or occasionally, please use this form …………
The agendas for the AGM and General Meeting can be found here …..