Corio VIC 3214
Girls aged 13 to 16 are invited to come and play hockey in a new summer program for Under 17 Girls only.
Come and play hockey – have fun with friends – keep fit.
No experience necessary, so it doesn’t matter whether you know anything about hockey or not. Hockey is a fantastic sport and the summer season is a an excellent time to have a go and learn something about the game. Being part of a team is a great way to meet new people and make friends. It’s a fun way to stay active and fit, and a good way to learn some new skills. You might even discover that you are good at this game.
Playing hockey is a great way to work off some of the stresses of life too. And we don’t care if the team wins or loses – we just want our players to have some fun.
Junior hockey competitions run by Hockey Geelong are usually mixed – boys and girls in the one team. So this competition is a little new for us, and we would love to welcome some new players to our club. We are a very family oriented club, with members of all ages from 4 to 70 and all levels of ability. We just want people to come and play hockey!
- Games played 5.30 to 6.30 pm on Monday at Stead Park, John St, Corio
- Season commences October 19, finishes December 7
- Played on half-field with 5 to 7 players per team
- Equipment needed:
- Hockey stick – If you don’t have one, we can loan you a stick.
- Running shoes – no stops or football boots
- Shinguards and mouthguard
- Clothing – suitable for running in.
- $40 per player for the 8 games of the season.
- Hockey Victoria registration $10/ player (if not previously registered during winter season).
Enquiries: Contact Claire Barnes, ph 0417 015130, email email@example.com