Newtown City Hockey Club is seeking an enthusiastic, capable and suitably qualified person to take on the role of Head Coach for the 2021 year.
The club has a diverse and varied membership, with 250 members of all genders ranging in age from 3 to 65+. The club’s 16 teams participate in the winter and summer competitions of the Geelong Hockey Association.
We anticipate that 2021 will be a year of rebuilding after the COVID affected season of 2020. We aim to increase the strength of our membership and to deliver an enjoyable and satisfying year for all participants. The Head Coach will be an important and valued part of these aims.
We are seeking someone who will work within the framework of our core values.
- Welcoming and Inclusivity. New are members welcome regardless of age, gender, skill level, race or sexual orientation
- Fair Play and sporting behaviour. Playing the game and conducting our affairs honestly, openly, fairly and in a spirit of vigorous but good natured competition
- Excellence. Pursuing excellence in all that we do and when playing the game, strive to win through superior performance and skill
- Accountability. Open and transparent with members, supporters, sponsors, other clubs and external bodies that support or facilitate the game
- Continuous improvement. Striving to continuously improve our on and off-field performance and maximise our contribution to the development of the game
- Sustainability. Aiming to ensure that the club is able to sustain its activities and operations over many years
The Club is a non-profit sporting club which operates with significant input from volunteers in many roles. There is a reimbursement available for the successful appointee to this position.
Please submit applications by February 21.
Enquiries: Claire Barnes, OAM. Ph 0417 015130.