The summer hockey season is getting closer and as the weather is starting to improve, we can look forward to some great fun without the cold and rain of winter. Summer hockey is a great way to have some fun in a less serious atmosphere, and a good opportunity to get your friends and family involved in this great game.
There are lots of programs available, so there is something for every one, regardless of the level of experience or skill.
The summer hockey season for 2015/2016 will run from October 12 to February 26, with a break over the Christmas/ January period. The competitions are half-field with 7 players per team. Ages for all summer hockey teams are taken at January 1 of the current competition year.
Players may participate in the following teams/ competitions:
- Under 11 – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown, 6 to 7 pm
- U13/ U15/U17 – Stead Park, 5.30 – 8.30 p.m.
- Under 8 (Minkey) – Geelong College, Claremont Ave, Newtown. 6 to 7 pm.
- Mixed senior (men and women) – Stead Park, 6 to 9 pm. Minimum age 14 years.
- Mixed Masters – Stead Park, 6.30 to 8.30 pm. Minimum age 35 years.
- U17 Girls only competition – Stead Park, 5.30 to 6.30 pm. For girls aged 13 to 16 at 1/1/15.
- Hook In 2 Hockey – 4.30 to 5.30 pm at Lloyd Reserve, for beginner boys and girls aged 5 to 12
- Mixed Family – Stead Park, 6 to 9 pm. Teams include both junior and senior players. This competition is ideal for beginner adults or those who are returning to play after some time away from the game. Minimum age 10 years.
- Saturday Social games will continue at Lloyd Reserve, 1.00 pm each Saturday until September 26. An ideal opportunity for a fun game with all ages and all skill levels welcome.
- U8 – $20
- U11/ U13/U15/U17 – $60
- Senior Wednesday – $80
- Friday Family competition – $80
- Masters – $80
Hockey Victoria Membership
If you have registered and paid your Hockey Victoria membership during the winter season ($35 for players aged < 18, or $45 for players aged > 18), there is no need to pay this again until the beginning of the next winter season.
If you have not paid a Hockey Victoria fee for this winter season, there will be a fee of $15 for seniors (aged over 18) or $10 for juniors (aged under 18) which will cover you for insurance and Hockey Victoria fees until the next winter season. This fee will appear on our registration page in late September.
No training is conducted over the summer season, but coaching is available through the team coaches.
Enquiries Contact Claire Barnes 0417 015130, if you have any problems or questions
If you would like to play in a summer hockey team, register here
[mantra-button-color url=”https://memberdesq.onesporttechnology.com/202/org” color=”#47AFFF”]Register now[/mantra-button-color]